SFX is a self contained sound capsule for model trains and requires no connections because it is battery powered and uses a motion sensor to detect whether it is stationary or moving and a microprocessor to play appropriate real train sounds! An on-off switch is not required because it turns itself on automatically as soon as it moves, then switches off after it has been still for a while to preserve the battery.
• Stationary – Engine Tickover sound and occasional compressor cutting in and out
• Any movement triggers the sound of air release and if motion continues a single horn sounds followed by gradual speed up
• After speed up engine power is maintained until you hear the turbo whine down and gentle coasting before power applied again
• The two tone horn sounds after the loco travels continuously for a while
• When motion stops it returns to stationary sounds.
• If there is no motion for over a minute the SFX automatically goes to sleep and waits for slight movement to wake it up.